July 31st is the last date to file the IT Returns for the assessment year. You can file it online as which is free of cost and it only takes 15 minutes of your time
- Go to www.incometaxindia.gov.in
- Register yourself with your PAN no as your login ID.
- Download the software of that form (its nothing but PDF file). Same form is attached. You require adobe acrobat reader 7 and above. (Filling the form can be done offline also. Only the xml file is required for filing the returns. )
- Fill it. Have your Form 16 along side you. It has all the information required. And have your check book also because you will need bank details also.
- At the bottom of the PDF there are 4 buttons Print, Check Form, Generate Bar Code, and Export to xml .After fill click on Check form and then click on Generate bar code. Finally click on Export to xml.
- This will generate an xml file. Save it. (Ensure the file name has no special char or space).
- Now login to the site there is option to “Submit returns”.
- Upload the xml file. You will get an acknowledgement form link “ITR-V”. Download this and save it for reference.
- That’s it.
This email arrived late for me 😦
Disclaimer : I haven’t verified this stuff. Yet another email forward