Published June 28, 2007
Tags: Movies, Rajini, Shivaji
- Only Rajini can come unscathed after acting in a movie like Shivaji.
- Some body missed the big advertising opportunity. Mouth fresher or is it chewing gum ?
- One more reason for me think Shankar is hyped.
- All laws break when it comes to Rajini. Rajini is a singularity!
- Rajini can speak English and the heroine has no chance to play pun on him. Kool!
- There is no pathos song when Rajini is bankrupt.
- Rajini again uses the color of Black to gain sympathy ?
- Rajini is surprised to know about CPR from Raghuvaran. I was wondering why CPR stuff suddenly popping up, to educate the audience of course!
- Rajini is Shivaji, MGR and Kamal. (Vijay and Ajith has to wait for a very long time!)
- ARR is loosing his charm.
- Once again proves my theory that Illayaraaja and Deva can score good music for Rajini.
- Rajin’s introduction song falls flat.
- Only Rajini’s movie can get such a hype.
- The Villan is pretty ordinary.
- Missed Senthil, Vinu Chakravarthy, Radharavi and Sarathbabu!
I think the list will be endless….
Published June 20, 2007
Tags: Bugs, ICICI Bank, Programming
Tried to fill the online application for a home loan at ICICI bank website. I was surprised that I was unable to submit my application thanks to brilliant design/code/interface/ whatever.
As process of submitting my application I had to select the area from drop down menu, but to my surprise I find no entries in the drop down menu (There is a dynamic relationship between the area and city). and this is supposed to be a mandatory field in the application. Amen.
I hate to see untested unmaintained products in the public domain, Mostly they do not have fall back options, no error reporting mechanism, bad interface, not intuitive design. These things make the life of the user suck.
At present all I am thinking is there are no bugs in their security modules.
Published June 20, 2007
Tags: Humour, Joke, urban legends
I hope these companies would not sue me! Yet another urban legend but funny enough to make us smile…
1. Infosys, Bangalore: An employee applied for leave as follows:
Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave.
2. This is from Oracle Bangalore: From an employee who was performing the “mundan” ceremony of his 10 year old son:
“as I want to shave my son’s head, please leave me for two days..”
3. Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter’s wedding:
“as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week’s leave..”
4. From H.A.L. Administration dept:
“As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.” *
5. Another employee applied for half day leave as follows:
“Since I’ve to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave”
6. An incident of a leave letter
“I am suffering from fever, please declare one day holiday.” *
7. A leave letter to the headmaster:
“As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today” *
8. Another leave letter written to the headmaster:
“As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day.” *
9. Covering note:
“I am enclosed herewith…”*
10. Another one:
“Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below…” *
11. Actual letter written for application of leave:
“My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave”.*
12. Letter writing: –
“I am in well here and hope you are also in the same well.” *
13. A candidate’s job application:
“This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ‘ Typist and an Accountant – Male or Female’…As I am both(!! )for the past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post.
Published June 19, 2007
Photographed at the Grand Royal Palace, Bangkok, Thailand.
It is that time of year, where you are not aware of what one is doing. Where the passion for the hobby dwindles and you wonder where you are heading. Something similar is happening to my blogging activity.
What to blog and what not to blog ? Work eats into personal time, you run out of ideas, themes and other snippets that might are probable candidates for blogging suddenly evaporate from mind and blogging becomes extremely difficult to enact.
To blog is a creative act and I am not a creative person right now. You over come this by doing pretty ordinary things like uploading photos on to my photo blog which sans any explanation of the place, people etc which makes the Thrulens a dull photo blog. Need to revive my blogging style.
Meanwhile, it seems that I can view Shivaji only in the month of July. I can shell out absurd money nor I have an physical energy to stand in queue early morning 😦
Published June 6, 2007
Tags: Nikon S10, Photography, Rants, Thailand
Last week I had been to Thailand. Courtesy the company sponsored trip. Kasu pota Company oru nandri!
Hop over to Thrulens my photography blog to see some of the postcards from Thailand. All the photos were taken using Nikon S10. After the trip I have love/hate relationship with this camera. Gives you amazing flexibility to be creative in composition, but doesn’t give control over exposure. May be Nikon should add manual control in coming versions of this camera. Are guys at Nikon listening ?