Working as a software developer is no fun. One is constantly bombarded with problems that is out side the technical boundary. One unnecessarily spends time on problems other than the one is supposed to solve.
There are plenty of things that kills the developers morale. The management needs to avoid them if they are in real need of getting things done.
- Asking developers to do meaningless task
- Having phony deadlines for the projects
- Having long and meaningless meetings
- Not recognizing the work
- Providing no motivation
- Petty office politics
- Not having trust on the team
- Spoiling the team structure
- Not giving developers responsibilities
- Ignoring them