Sensitive issues like sharing cauvery water have all the potential to turn violent. The recent issue of protest against Saddam in Bangalore actually turned violent and one innocent young boy paid it with his life. Cruel thing to happen for a innocent bystander.
How can these tension be diffused ? I think the root cause for these kind of conflicts between communities, religion, languages arise due to common man’s ignorance and it is utilized to the maximum by some people/politicians.
- Try to learn about each other’s culture, religion, language etc.
- Try not to get swallowed by mob mentality.
- Treat just in time politicians with caution.
- Respect others.
- Try to solve problems in more civilized way.
- Do not spread rumors.
- Do not glorify crime as heroics.
- Anticipate the problem and try creative means to diffuse it.
- Exercise common sense
These may not be fool proof solution, but at least it can reduce the probability of these incidents from happening.
Site Search Tags: Cauvery, Bangalore,